Venerini Academy was first established in Worcester, Massachusetts in 1945 by the Order of the Religious Venerini Sisters under the leadership of Bishop O'Leary, Mother Esther and Sister Maria Antoinette as a girls' Catholic elementary and high school. Their mission was to educate the minds and nurture the faith of immigrant children. To this day, Venerini Academy remains true to St. Rosa's Charism, “To Educate is to Liberate.” A new building was constructed in 1954 at the present site on Edward Street. In 1969, Venerini became co-educational and introduced a modified Montessori Kindergarten. Today we answer the highest calling in education to provide academic, spiritual, and moral leadership to transform students into curious learners and enlightened leaders.