It is our pleasure to welcome you to the Early Childhood Program at Venerini Academy. Our mission traces back over 300 years to the inspired, pioneering work of our foundress, St. Rosa Venerini, who made it her mission to save girls from ignorance by leading them onto a path of salvation and liberation through education.
Today, we honor that mission and the young children in our program through our commitment to the developmental education and holistic formation of each child.
Exploring the World Beyond Books
As a comprehensive PK-8 private, Catholic school, our early childhood students benefit from the expertise and resources of our larger professional staff and campus. Children enjoy reading programs with our librarian, gross motor exercise and activities in our gymnasium, prayer and liturgies in our chapel, musical performances in our auditorium, and planned interaction with our older students.
As a Catholic school, we believe that children are created in the image and likeness of God. In partnership with parents, we help children to grow in love for God, love for others, and love for learning – to develop to their full potential as the young men and women God calls them to be.
Discovering Science and Engineering
PROGRAM STRENGTHS AND BENEFITS
• Small, personalized classes
• Professional certified teachers and teacher assistants for every eight students
• Monday – Friday 8:30a.m. to 3:00p.m. with option of flexible schedule
• Caring, close-knit school community
• Robust campus facilities, including library, gym, art and music rooms, auditorium, chapel, computer and science labs, and outside play areas
• Structured, age-appropriate, developmental learning
• Learning Centers and theme-based activities
• Project-based learning
• STREAM curriculum to foster imagination and learning-by-doing
• Before- and After-school care available (additional cost)
• NEASC accredited
• Full-time nurse on staff
TYPICAL DAILY SCHEDULE
Free Play – Children explore and play with various activities of their choice.
Circle Time – Attendance, calendar, prayers, songs, weather, show and tell, and letter of the week are covered.
Storytime – Children will listen to a story and follow up with conversation and activity.
Large Group Activity Time – Guided activity with set directions to follow (could be a math, reading, or fine motor activity).
Religion – Children will be taught they are special gifts from God.
Rest Time – Children nap or rest quietly.
Center Time – Exploring various fine motor, math, reading, and science centers.
Class Meeting Time – Children come together on the carpet to discuss highlights of the day.
Children will participate in music, art, library, and physical education weekly.