Venerini Academy was established and sponsored by the religious Venerini Sisters as a girls' Catholic elementary and high school since 1945. Their mission was to educate the minds and nurture the faith of immigrant children. To this day, the Academy remains true to St. Rosa Venerini’s Charism, “To Educate is to Liberate.” A new building was constructed in 1954 at the present site on Edward Street. In 1969, Venerini became a PreK3-8 co-educational school. Today we answer the highest calling in education to provide academic, spiritual, and moral leadership to transform students into curious learners and enlightened leaders.